- The institution of the Ombudsman of Curacao celebrated its tenth anniversary on April 29, 2013.
The official celebration will take place on May 31, 2013. The Ombudsman will honor during this event several persons [and organizations] who cooperated with the institution of the Ombudsman during the past 10 years in a unselfish manner.
- The Ombudsman of Curacao has been appointed President of the Caribbean Ombudsman Association during the Seventh Biennial
Regional Conference for a period of two years in Sint Maarten on May 9, 2013
- The Ombudsman of Curacao has become a voting member of the International Ombudsman Institute in april 2013
- The Third Curacao International Ombudsman Conference will be organized from September 16 – 19, 2013 with the theme: The role of the Ombudsman as protector of the human and social rights of children and adolescents.
- The Office of the Ombudsman will move on August 1, 2013 to a larger and completely renovated building in Scharloo.
The new address will be: Scharlooweg 41, Scharloo, Curacao.